Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
New eBook from FaveCrafts, 25 Sewing Crafts, is available for download.
Included in this eBook:
Easy Clothing Patterns
- Girls' Tiered Skirt (page 4) - This is a must-have for every little girl. This free easy sewing pattern uses beautiful fabrics and basic techniques.
- Reversible Scrap Fabric Apron (page 9) - Create an adorable half-apron with scraps of fabric from around the house.
- Easy Applique Flowers (page 16) - This tutorial shows you how to dress up clothing in a simple and inexpensive way with scrap fabric pieces.
Sewing For the Holidays
- Embellish a Pillow for Mom (page 29) - Even if you are not very crafty, you can still present a loving gift this Mothers Day, created by your own hands, without breaking a sweat.
- Fleece Gnome Hat Tutorial (page 30) - This fleece baby's gnome hat is adorable for the cold weather. It is easy to make following this quick tutorial.
- Framed Monogram (page 37) - Create a beautiful, framed monogram with felt and fabric. A bird embellishment tops of a simple sewn creation for truly creative decor.
- Heating Pillow with Buckwheat (40) - Sew up an easy pillow filled with buckwheat to serve as a heating pad.
- Camping or Sleepover Bag (page 44) - Get a little creative and sew up a convenient bag in colorful fabric to transport your sleeping bag and other essentials.
- Muslin Snack Bags (page 50) - These little muslin snack bags are the perfect size for all your snacking needs and environmentally friendly!
MyBlogSpark has provided me with 4 VIP coupons for free boxes of General Mills cereals of our choice so that we could see if we can taste and feel the difference. We love cereal in the morning: it's fast, easy and nutritious breakfast that makes life with three kids a little easier :) And hey, did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children´s diets. Cereal Health and Wellness is a good resource to learn more ;)
We have used three of the VIP coupons and purchased our favorites: Cinnamon Toast Crunch for hubby and me, Cocoa Puffs for Vicki and Nicki and Banana Nut Cheerios for Mark. We did a "blind test" but frankly couldn't taste the difference: we got the same great taste that we know and love.
Right now you can save $1 off your favorite General Mills cereal here, and I will send our fourth VIP coupon for a FREE box of any General Mills cereal to one of you to help you start your morning juuuust right - with a bowl of your favorite yummy cereal. Just leave me a comment :)
The winner will be randomly selected a week from today, on Friday, Jan. 29th
If you live in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland or Delaware, I encourage you to take part in the Expressions of Hunger contest sponsored by ShopRite and General Mills.
· Nearly 50 million Americans, including 17 million children, suffered from food insecurity last year, a 36 percent increase from the year before
· “Hunger” has been identified as one of the leading food issues of 2010 by leading nutrition and food policy expert Marion Nestle
· It’s not always easy to put a “face” on the devastating effects of hunger - through creative expression, ShopRite Partners in Caring hope to show how hunger may look throughout different communities
You can submit a video of an original song, poem, performance art, or dramatically read story that creatively describes the plight of the hungry or offers a solution to hunger at Expressions of Hunger website by March 1, 2010 and have a shot at winning the following prizes:
· Up to six grand prize winners in the Expressions of Hunger video contest will have their stories and pictures featured on a limited-edition Cheerios box available exclusively in ShopRite stores in September, 2010.
· Ten honorable mention winners will receive a video camera.
· All winning entries will be featured on the ShopRite Partners In Caring website and the Expressions of Hunger contest website, as well as on ShopRite’s YouTube page.
Friday, January 8, 2010
While looking around today, I have also noticed that Leslie Sansone's Eat Smart, Walk Strong is also available for free download here.
This is a Kindle edition, but can also be downloaded to your PC or iPod.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
*Offer not available to residents of Australia and Palestine
Even if you are not planning on traveling any time soon, these could be great learning tools for kids to learn about other places. We also like to recycle travel brochures and maps for all sorts of craft projects - from scrapbooks to giftwrap.... :)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Also, to help shed those holiday pounds, here's a FREE 7-day pass to Bally Total Fitness.
Free information kit how to reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke here.
Free 2010 Star Motorcycle calendar.