If you live in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland or Delaware, I encourage you to take part in the Expressions of Hunger contest sponsored by ShopRite and General Mills.
· Nearly 50 million Americans, including 17 million children, suffered from food insecurity last year, a 36 percent increase from the year before
· “Hunger” has been identified as one of the leading food issues of 2010 by leading nutrition and food policy expert Marion Nestle
· It’s not always easy to put a “face” on the devastating effects of hunger - through creative expression, ShopRite Partners in Caring hope to show how hunger may look throughout different communities
You can submit a video of an original song, poem, performance art, or dramatically read story that creatively describes the plight of the hungry or offers a solution to hunger at Expressions of Hunger website by March 1, 2010 and have a shot at winning the following prizes:
· Up to six grand prize winners in the Expressions of Hunger video contest will have their stories and pictures featured on a limited-edition Cheerios box available exclusively in ShopRite stores in September, 2010.
· Ten honorable mention winners will receive a video camera.
· All winning entries will be featured on the ShopRite Partners In Caring website and the Expressions of Hunger contest website, as well as on ShopRite’s YouTube page.