Sunday, August 17, 2008

in a nutshell

I haven't updated for a while: we have just bought a house and are super-duper busy right now. Excited, splattered with paint and tired. But happy :)
I still manage to carve some time for bargain shopping - mostly CVS (I had a lot of ECBs expiring this weekend, so I had to go and spend them even though I didn't really need anything), but also Staples and Office Depot for school supplies, and our local Shoppers tripled coupons up to $.50 - for the first time ever! - so we got some freebies there too. We've found Success Rice with was on sale 2/$3 with $.50 peelies on them (that when tripled, made the rice free), and here's a printable coupon for $.50 off any Rice-a-Roni or Pasta Roni (Rice-a-Roni is on sale 10/$10, so you're $.50 ahead when the coupon triples). You can print two coupons per computer I think, and you may need to register (it's free) and then click on "Printable grocery coupons", it was on the first page for me.
I can't count how many times we've been to Home Depot and Lowes this week, and I imagine this may become another part of our daily routine... We got a 10% HD coupon (that we're holding until we buy something big... which will probably happen tomorrow: we need to replace the doord) and a Lowes Bonus card, but other than that I'm not sure if there any other current offers for home imptrovement stores... Anyone?
Anyway, I'm going to pick the winner of my first giveaway and call it a night...

No comments: