Thursday, June 19, 2008

How my first Sunday paper 'paid' for my sub

Well, not exactly 'paid', but from one paper alone I have already redeemed coupons that saved me more money than this trial 26-week subscription cost us (26 weeks x $.75 = $19.50)

This past Sunday I happily discovered two SmartSource inserts in my paper with two $5 coupons to Target (need to buy 3 of participating products: any Johnson's baby, Band-Aid, Carefree, Stayfree, Neosporin, or Tylenol) that can be combined with manufacturer's coupons to get some stuff really cheap, free or even better that free (the best deal so far: get 3 Johnson's buddies soaps at $.94 each, use $1 manufacturer's coupons, use $5 off Target coupon = gain $5.18; also Bandaids are on sale this week and there are $1 and $.75 coupons in the paper and online, so you'd get overage on those as well).

Among other good coupons already redeemed were 4 'Buy One Get One Free' (BOGO) coupons for Oral B battery powered toothbrushes. Fellow CVS shoppers know that this week these toothbrushes (both adult and kid kinds) are on sale for $5.99 and generate $3 ExtraCare Bucks each, so if you buy two with the BOGO coupon, you are getting both free. CVS limit on this deal is 5 per ExtraCare card.

So, with just two $5 Target coupons and two BOGO Oral B coupons (valued at $5.99 this week) I already saved more than my Sunday paper subscription cost us! I'm excited! :)

Will post about my CVS transactions in more details later.

No comments: